top of page



I found a stray, what do I do now?

We ask that you call our Intake Center at 269-639-2242 to report a stray animal you have found


your pet

If you need to surrender an animal, please call our Intake Center at 269-639-2242.


a lost pet

Each animal's owner is required to provide proof of an up-to-date rabies vaccination.

Spay / Neuter

Al-Van does not have a veterinarian on site, which means we are not able to provide spay/neuter surgeries to the public.

Dog licensing

Van Buren County, MI dog licenses can be purchased at Al-Van. 

Feral & Community cat information

At this time, Al-Van does not have a Trap-Neuter-Release program and we are unable to take in feral cats.


You can have you pet microchipped at Al-Van Humane Society for $25.00

I Adopted a pet, now what?

Knowing what new responsibilities come with owning a pet will help you be more prepared. 

Additional Resources

Search for financial assistance, help with animal placement, housing issues, food pantries, and more, by zip code

bottom of page